The internet moves fast, and we are making updates right now to be ahead of the curve.
- Videos that are uploaded will now be encoded as MP4 instead of Flash. The Flash format is essentially dead. We will also be converting all of the current videos in the system to mp4 as well. This will allow all your users (especially on mobile devices) to view videos without any extra headache.
- HTTPS: all sites will soon be loading over secure https instead of unsecure http. The Internet is moving in this direction and we wanted to stay ahead of the curve.
- Speed improvements: with the https upgrade, some other upgrades were necessary. The side effect is faster code! We already have the code-base optimized pretty well, but you will notice a small speed boost with the new updates!
- Emojis: We’ve added some to the training log (spice up those logs)!
- Comment Listing: There is now a listing of all comments made in the admin section so coaches can monitor more easily
Other than those changes, we will keep making progress on your requests and making you and your team’s experience the best we can! Thanks for using SteepleWeb!
2.7.7 Change Log (Requester shown in parenthesis)
- Redshirt options for athlete class on roster (Augustana)
- Custom ordering of banner images
- Training Log Weekly Report: Can now view who hasn’t logged (Plainfield North)
- Training Log: Show users other than Athletes (Highland Park, EIU)
- Database: Search by class (Plainfield Central, Jones College Prep)
- Training Log: Import entry from Nike+
- New Report: Points. Excel export of points by Athlete/Meet (South Elgin)
- Duplicate results managed by database
We’ve heard feedback from our coaches that sometimes posting meet documents is confusing, especially when it comes to know the privacy and where the documents will be posted. So we’ve revamped the interface for adding documents.
- On the old interface, there was a 2nd select box for “sub-type” when posting a meet document, we’ve removed that and put the options right in the type select.
- We’ve added a Visibility/Privacy option that makes it super simple to understand where your documents are posted
- Public (Anyone can access the document, and if you’re posting a meet document, it will be posted on any team SW site that has the meet on their schedule)
- Public-Limited (Only posted on your team’s SW site, but no login required to view the document)
- Private (Only posted on your team’s SW site, must login to see. Any user with an active account can access document)
- We removed the “Make Public” box
So we removed a few elements from the form and condensed it all down into the new Visibility/Privacy option. We think you’ll find this much less confusing.
A few requested features along with a better experience for our guest teams making online entries.
You can now post a news article via a link to the original article online. Many teams have requested this and it’s much easier than copying and pasting the entire article.
Banners can now have text and can be made to link to any URL you specify.
We at SteepleWeb believe in the running community and giving back to that community. So after our first year of business we have decided to give back a portion of our income. SteepleWeb is proud to announce its first scholarships.
Track & Field and Cross Country are often seen as individual sports – but an integral part of our sport is the great community – and there is no better way for young athletes to learn this than through camps. Camps provide a great chance to grow as athlete, create friendships and learn from great coaches and mentors. It can provide a chance for an athlete to get the spark in their heart to truly love their sport.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to grow in their sport, so SteepleWeb is offering scholarships for athletes to attend a camp of their choice (cross country, pole vault, hurdles, throws, etc…). We will award scholarships of varying amounts based on number of applicants and the costs of the camps they are attending.
Applications and a letter of recommendation are due no later than May 1st, 2014.
APPLY NOW -> http://www.steepleweb.com/forms/scholarship_camp.php
Have you entered all your results from the cross country season yet? We realize the season isn’t over for everyone yet, but we’ll randomly choose 10 teams who add all their results from the cross country season by January 1, 2014 and send them a surprise in the mail. Just send us an email when you’ve got all your results in and we’ll enter you in the raffle!
An exciting update with some requested features, reports and better user experience.
You can now easily upload and insert images and files into the text-editor in the admin panel. This goes for news articles and custom pages and is available to our Silver & Gold clients. Many coaches have requested so we are happy to finally bring the functionality.
Also available for Silver & Gold clients is Mass Texting. This allows coaches to send a text message (SMS) to all their users right from the admin panel! Read more about it on our support site.
The Training Log gets two nice updates! First, Custom Mileage Boards allows coaches to create a leaderboard for a certain date range. This is great if coaches have a summer mileage challenge or something similar so everyone can see where they stack up instantly during the date range.
You can also export your custom mileage board (or choose a custom date range) to our new Team Mileage by Athlete Report (Excel download). Coach Derks of Plainfield, IL gave us his template to emulate, so we hope you like it.
And some other small updates include seed checking when making entries for meet registration. This will check entries made by coaches to ensure the mark they enter is within a reasonable range for the event. Meet hosts also have the option to require (or not require) seed marks.
Finally we’ve added some duplicate prevention in for athletes. So if you are adding athletes to your team, you might be prompted if we detect an athlete similar already in our system. This is to reduce athletes being added to the system multiple times.
Today we are pushing out a small update and we wanted to share a bit about it. The Admin Dashboard has been updated to make it much more usable. You get a lot more options for recent and upcoming meets, news, documents, even a training log feed and most downloaded files on your team site.
We’ve added a new widget for your frontpage with Training Log Stats. Show-off a counter of how many miles and entries your team has made in the training log. You can choose the duration or starting date of the stats calculation from Admin > Settings > Widgets > Training Log Stats. You can enable the widget on your frontpage from Admin > Settings > Template/Styling > Front Content Choices.
Our favorite new feature is the Training Log Export – which allows you to export your training log to an excel file. From there you can use Excel’s sums and averages functions to really get a lot out of your data.
Of course we’ve also fixed some bugs and laid the groundwork for some upcoming features (mass texting, results site, more training log reports, a responsive template, and better meet registration experience).
Enjoy the update and keep in-touch. Lots of these updates are from your requests!
Nate, Brad and the SteepleWeb Crew
There will be 30 minutes of downtime Thursday morning before 7:30 am (August 1st) as we upgrade SteepleWeb. This update involves some database structure changes to help us as we work with the IHSA in a project.
This update also adds the highly requested feature ‘register by event’ for meet registration.
After getting your feedback this spring (and just a couple weeks ago on our coaches survey), we’ve made many updates you’ve asked for.
- Meet Notes just for your team
- Updated the prospective athlete form for high school
- added a ‘notes’ field for each result. This is a 140 character field to add any comment about a result
- Default distance of routes in the training log. This will auto populate your distance when adding an activity after selecting a route
- Custom pages now have the option to be ‘private’ so only your logged-in users can view those pages.
We’ve also updated the text editor in the admin panel and training log which will hopefully provide a better experience. It is also a step in the direction of providing a more rich experience with the text editor and allowing users to easily insert images and other files.
Many of our coaches also liked the option of ‘mass texting’ – be able to send a text message to all their athletes from the admin panel. We’ve completed step 1 of this process: allowing your athletes to enter their phone number and cell phone provider and also opt-in to the texting. So if you’d like to utilize the mass texting when we finish implementing the feature you will need to make sure your athletes/users opt-in and provide their information. They can do this from their profile.
We enjoyed another season of working with all the coaches and we are preparing for cross country this fall. Please keep in touch and let us know what you’d like to see in our next update of SteepleWeb.
Nate, Brad, and Scot
- Update For Posting Meet Documents on
- Update For Posting Meet Documents on
- 2.7.2 Update on
- New Server (The Cherry II) on
- Working on Version 2.5.0 on
- February 2017
- August 2015
- September 2014
- March 2014
- January 2014
- November 2013
- October 2013
- August 2013
- June 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- November 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- September 2010
- July 2010